Wed, Mar 28, 2018 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Arts & Sciences Activity of the Week:
ALSO - SITE DINNER:
- Irish Soda Bread (Rebecka Wyrde)
- Irish Whiskey Bread Pudding (Uaithne Inghean Ui Ruairc)
- Shephard's Pie (Jon Voisey)
- Corned Beef (Michelle Fiondel Heitman)
- Haggis (John Heitman - I didn't know Franz was a Scot!)
- Chickpeas of some sort (Susan Reynolds)
- Potato Pancakes (Heidi Ranier)
- Italian Pumpkin Cheesecake (Judith Bailey)
- Cabbage Rolls or Meatballs (Ranka)
- I offered to bring Swedish Meatballs if Ranka decides to bring cabbage rolls.
What is Site Dinner? This is a dinner we hold the first Thursday of every month at the weekly Baronial meeting. It raises money to help pay for our meeting site, and has proven to be an anticipated social evening as well. Every month a different set of volunteers supplies a delicious home-cooked meal. We sell those meals for donations of $5 (or less as suits your budget. We're flexible.) We're also willing to just sell a dessert or a side dish if that's all you want.
The Barony holds weekly populace meetings every Wednesday. Weekly meetings are open to the public. Feel free to just show up if you want to learn more about the Society for Creative Anachronism. About 50 to 100 people attend weekly meetings, so if you are new, be sure and speak up. We might miss you in the crowd. Fighter Practice and Dance Practice are usually held in conjunction with weekly meetings. Feel free to join in, or at least ask lots of questions. You will see people wearing medieval clothes, or what we call garb. It is not necessary to wear garb to attend weekly meetings, but if you would like to borrow some, just ask. We usually wear garb to promote a more medieval atmosphere, but we were all new once too, and we all borrowed clothing and other accoutrements from near total strangers to get started. So don't be shy- come to meeting!
Business meeting for the Baronial populace, all welcome. Open to the public. Includes fighting, dance practice, and classes. Contact: