Award Recommendation Form
This form can be used to submit a recommendation for an award to recommend individuals for recognition from
the Barony of Three Rivers. It should not be used for kingdom level awards. To recommend for those, please
use the Kingdom Award Recommendation form.
A description of the awards is below the form.
Baronial awards may be presented to those who reside within the Barony of Three Rivers or participate within
the Barony as their primary group. Individuals do not have to be a paid member of the Society for Creative
Anachronism to be eligible for an award. Their Excellencies encourage all members of the populace to
recommend individuals for any awards they feel are merited.
- Baronial Garter: This award is given in recognition of a number of activities,
usually service to the Barony such as work above and beyond the call of duty at an event, at
meetings, etc. The first time it is awarded, the recipient is given a leather garter.
- Baronial Commendation (Rose / Perl / Button): Some Baronial awards may be
given more than once. Subsequent awards are symbolized by a pewter button.
- Baroness' Order of Patronage (BOP): This award is given for notable achievement
in the arts and sciences. The recipient is given a cord braided with the colors of the Barony
and the Baroness. May be given more than once for different areas of endeavor.
- Baron's Order of Gallantry (BOG): This award may be given for behavior which
epitomizes the ideals of chivalry and courtesy, as well as for acts of exceptional gallantry
on or off the field. The recipient is given a cord braided with the colors of the Barony and
- Order of the Hippogryph: This award is given to the persons responsible for
the inception, creation, and execution of entirely novel events. May be given more than once
for distinct novel events.
- Talon: This award is given to persons who exhibit exemplary conduct and
prowess on the field of combat or as an archer. The symbol is a falcon's talon worn a string
braided in the colors of the Barony.
- Fledgling: This award is given to young gentles who exhibit promise, to
encourage them to continue to contribute to the growth of the group and the Society. May be
given more than once. The awardee receives a scroll.
- Order of Three Rivers - Silver: This is the highest award given by the
Coronet and recognizes outstanding and unstinting service. The OTR Silver is given for service
to the Barony. The awardee receives both a silver cord, braided with the colors of the Barony
and a pewter medallion on a white string.
- Order of Three Rivers - Gold: The OTR Gold is given for outstanding service
at the Kingdom level. The awardee receives both a gold cord, braided with the colors of the
Barony and a pewter medallion on a yellow string. Exceptional individuals may earn both the
OTR Silver and Gold.
Tributary: Like tributaries that feed mighty rivers, the Tributary of Three Rivers
recognizes those newer members who show great promise and enthusiasm.